Monday 2 March 2015

Dad's Broken Hearted Girl



As i sat there staring into the room
tears kept flowing
Like the Mount Kilimanjaro rivers during rainy season
They streamed down
I have been trying so hard not to cry
so hard, very hard
But the hot tears have swollen the inside of my eyes
Welled up to form little hot pools inside
burning them that they cannot hold on anymore
And they just let them go
Let them flow vigorously down my cheeks
Burn them a bit..they are tender cheeks

Just when i thought everything was falling in place
Don't we all have a plan?
And all over a sudden it all disappears
just like the snow at the sight of the sun
Some people say destiny takes it course
But i do not believe in that now
Destiny was to be on my side now

I have tried so hard to be good...God knows i have
You don't know how you spear my heart
You just cut through that tender spot i so dearly kept for you
And as you tear me apart you loose one of your parts
i always loved you the most
And see what you have done to that love
Put it on the line of fire
Shame...ooh what a shame

You know what they say about a girl's first love
And you really are
A hero i saw when you swept across the compound
Ooh...didn't you know?
You were the tallest man I knew..
I would run to you as fast as my little girl legs could carry me
So that you could swing me on your shoulders
Let me see the world from there
The horizon of my life from up there
And grandma will cry out....Ooh this poor little thing
She will break those legs one of these days with all that running

And i thought i will always be on your shoulders
Expectations
I looked up to you
And now
No man can ever break my heart.
Should i be thankful for that?
My first love took that away


No comments:

Post a Comment