Monday 2 March 2015

Babu's Touch



Sitting there, next to him
In silence
Holding hands, listening to the sounds of us breathing, his being heavier
In silence

Trying to detect his feelings, maybe what he would have said to me
If he was to say anything
And there it was
Peace, peace found through pain
His breathing got louder
And I hold in my breath, look at his face
I see what I saw earlier..peace
Only through God this kind of peace can be found
I look at him and say
Look here grandpa!
It is raining outside
And he smiles and his gripping on my hand increased
Isn't that beautiful, how we can all find joy through what we always take for granted
When every little thing, even a simple taking in of breath is a struggle
But someone still hold on and manage a smile, that's strength..strength and hope
It takes courage too And we all have it now
And everytime I walk out as i am doing now I feel so alive, strong and hopeful
Isn't that what he would want us all to be

No comments:

Post a Comment